Associate Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
Dr. Huang received her B.E. and M.E. degrees from Zhejiang University, China in 1996 and 1999, and a Ph.D. degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in Materials Science and Engineering in 2004. She did her postdoctoral work at the University of Michigan and North Carolina State University before joining the faculty at RPI in 2008. She won the Norbert J. Kreidl Award, the highest honor bestowed upon a student by the Glass and Optical Materials Division of the American Ceramic Society in 2003. In 2009, she was a recipient of the Defense Treat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Young Investigator Award and the RAMP-UP Career Campaign Award from Rensselaer. In 2013, she won the National Science Foundation CAREER award and the Alfred H. Geisler Memorial Award from the Eastern NY ASM Chapter.
Ph.D. Materials Science and Engineering (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2004), M.S. Materials Science and Engineering (Zhejiang University, China, 1999), B.S. Materials Science and Engineering (Zhejiang University, China, 1996)
- Thermal sensors
- Porous materials
- Glass materials
- Computational modeling
- Ceramic materials
- Michael Guerette, Mike Ackerson, Jay Thomas, Fenglin Yuan, E. Bruce Watson, David Walker and Liping Huang, "Structure and Properties of Silica Glass Densified in Cold Compression and Hot Compression", Scientific Reports, 5, 15343 (2015).
- Ashish Kumar Mishra and Liping Huang, "TiO2 Decorated Graphite Nanoplatelets Nanocomposites for High Temperature Sensor Applications", Small, 11, 361-366 (2015).
- Ashish Kumar Mishra, K.V. Lakshmi and Liping Huang, "Eco-friendly Scalable Production of Metal Dichalcogenides Nanosheets and Their Visible Light Responsive Photocatalytic Applications", Scientific Reports, 5, 15718 (2015).
- Yunfeng Shi, Jian Luo, Fenglin Yuan and Liping Huang, "Intrinsic Ductility of Glassy Solids", Journal of Applied Physics, 115, 043528 (17 pages) (2014).
- Fenglin Yuan and Liping Huang, "Brittle to Ductile Transition in Densified Silica Glass", Scientific Reports, 4, 5035 (8 pages) (2014).
- Kisung Chae, Yunfeng Shi and Liping Huang, "Nanocasting of Hierarchical Nanostructured Porous Carbon in Molecular Dynamics Simulation", Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 1 (12), 3886-3894 (2013).
- Fenglin Yuan and Liping Huang, "Size-dependent elasticity of amorphous silica nanowire: a molecular dynamics study", Applied Physics Letters, 103, 201905 (2013).
- Fenglin Yuan and Liping Huang, "α-β transformation and disorder in β-cristobalite silica", Physical Review B, 85, 134114 (2012).