John A. Christian
Assistant Professor, Mechanical Aerospace and Nuclear Engineering
Ph.D., The University of Texas at Austin
- Computer Vision
- Christian, J.A., “Accurate Planetary Limb Localization for Image-Based Spacecraft Navigation,” Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, Vol. 54, No. 3, 2017, pp 708-730. doi: 10.2514/1.A33692.
- Christian, J.A., “Relative Navigation using Only Inter-Satellite Range Measurements,” Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, Vol. 54, No. 1, 2017, pp 13-28. doi: 10.2514/1.A33608.
- Rhodes, A., Christian, J.A., and Evans, T. “A Concise Guide to Feature Histograms with Applications to LIDAR-Based Spacecraft Relative Navigation,” The Journal of the Astronautical Sciences, Vol. 64, No. 4, 2017, pp. 414-445. doi: 10.1007/s40295-016-0108-y.
- Robinson, S.B., and Christian, J.A., “Pattern Design for 3D Point Matching,” NAVIGATION: Journal of the Institute of Navigation, Vol. 62, No. 3, Fall 2015, pp 189-203. doi: 10.1002/navi.115.
- Ainscough, T., Zanetti, R., Christian, J.A., and Spanos, P.D., “Q-Method Extended Kalman Filter,” Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 38, No. 4, 2015, pp 752-760. doi: 10.2514/1.G000118.