Professor, Mechanical Aerospace and Nuclear Engineering
Professor, 2006 – present
Department Head (Acting), 2011-2012
Associate Department Head for Faculty Affairs, 2012-2013
Associate Department Head for Graduate Studies, 2009-2011
Associate Department Head for Undergraduate Studies, 2007-2009
Associate Professor, 1999-2006
Assistant Professor, 1993-1999
Post-Doctoral Researcher, 1992-1993
NASA Glenn Research Center, Surface Science Branch Summers 1989-1991
Dow Chemical Central Research, Organic Chemical and Polymers Laboratory April –September 1988
Hercules Corporation, Champlain Cable Co. Polymer R&D Laboratory Summers 1983-1986
Fellow, American Society of Mechanical Engineers (2008)
Fellow, Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers (2005)
ASME Burt L. Newkirk Award (2002)
STLE Walter D. Hodson Award (1997)
STLE Al Sonntag Award (1993, 1998)
Professional Society Service
ASME Tribology Division Executive Committee (Chair 2016/2017)
Associate Editor, STLE Tribology Transactions (1996-present)
Associate Editor, ASME Journal of Tribology (2005-2011)
Editorial Advisory Board, Tribology & Lubrication Technology (2005-2007)
STLE Fellows Selection Committee (Chair 2012)
ASME Tribology Division Honors&Awards Committee (Chair 2011)
STLE Awards Committee (Chair 2005)
ASME/STLE International Joint Tribology Conference (Chair 2004)
STLE Solid Lubricants Technical Committee (Chair 2000)
Ph.D. Dartmouth College
- Materials Tribology (friction, wear, lubrication)
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials
- “Analysis of Surface Temperatures within Heat Flux Bands during Constant Acceleration including Deceleration to Halt”, T.A. Blanchet, S.P. Lenihan, ASME Journal of Tribology, 139 (2017) 031102.
- “Origin of the Static Fatigue Limit in Oxide Glasses”, J.H. Seaman, T.A. Blanchet, M. Tomozawa, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 99 (2016) 3600-3609.
- “Unusually Effective Nanofiller a Contradiction of Microfiller-Specific Mechanisms of PTFE Wear Resistance?” S. Bhargava, T.A. Blanchet, ASME Journal of Tribology, 138 (2016) 042001.
- “Ion-Exchanged Lithium Aluminosilicate Glass: Strength and Dynamic Fatigue”, E. Aaldenberg, P.J. Lezzi, J.H. Seaman, T.A. Blanchet, M. Tomozawa, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 99 (2016) 2645-2654.
- “Simple Thermal Model to Select Electromagnetic Launcher Tribomaterials”, E.E. Balic, T.A. Blanchet ASME Journal of Tribology, 138 (2016) 041102.
- “Modeling Slow Crack Growth Behavior of Glass Strengthened by a Sub-Critical Tensile Stress by Surface Stress Relaxation”, J.H. Seaman, P.J. Lezzi, T.A. Blanchet, M. Tomozawa, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 98 (2015) 3075-3086.
- “Effect of Platelet Thickness on Wear of Graphene-Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) Composites”. S. Bhargava, N. Koratkar, T.A. Blanchet, Tribology Letters, 59 (2015) 17.
- “Fluoroplastics”. T.A. Blanchet, Handbook of Thermoplastics, 2nd edition, O. Olabisi, ed., CRC Press (2015) 397-417.