Assistant Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
Wei Xie joined the ISE department as an Assistant Professor in August 2014. She received her M.S. and Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences at Northwestern University, M.S. and B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Yangtze University. She worked at Chengdu Construction Machinery and interned at GM research center and San Diego Supercomputer Center. Her research interests focus on computer simulation of stochastic systems, risk management, and data analytics. Applications include supply chains, financial engineering and production systems. On-going research includes: simulation optimization, risk management for supply chain systems and data-driven operations management. I am looking for graduate students with strong mathematical/statistical background, good programming skill and self-motivation.
Ph.D. Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences (Northwestern University), M.S. Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences (Northwestern University), M.S. Engineering Mechanics (University of Nebraska-Lincoln), B.S. Mechanical Engineering (Yangtze University).
- Stochastic Simulation
- Risk Management
- Data Analytics
- Simulation Optimization
- Bostanabad, R., A. T. Bui, W. Xie, D. W. Apley, W. Chen (2016). Stochastic Microstructure Characterization and Reconstruction via Supervised Learning. Acta Materialia. Vol. 103, pp.89-102
- Xie, W., C. Li, H. Sun (2015). Quantification Input Uncertainty for Dependent Input Models with Factor Structure. Proceedings of the 2015 Winter Simulation Conference.
- Yuan, Y., W. Xie, E. Zhou (2015). A Sequential Experiment Design for Input Uncertainty Quantification in Stochastic Simulation. Proceedings of the 2015 Winter Simulation Conference.
- Zhou, E., W. Xie (2015). Simulation Optimization when Facing Input Uncertainty. Proceedings of the 2015 Winter Simulation Conference.
- Xie, W. B. L. Nelson, R. R. Barton. Multivariate Input Uncertainty in Output Analysis for Stochastic Simulation, submitted.
- Xie, W., B. L. Nelson, R. R. Barton. Statistical Uncertainty Analysis for Stochastic Simulation. under third revision for Operations Research.
- Xie, W., B. L. Nelson, R. R. Barton (2014). A Bayesian Framework for Quantifying Uncertainty in Stochastic Simulation. Operations Research, Vol. 62, No.6, pp. 1439-1452.
- Barton, R. R., B. L. Nelson, W. Xie (2014). Quantifying Input Uncertainty via Simulation Confidence Intervals. INFORMS Journal on Computing, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 74-87.