Donna E. Crone
Sr. Lecturer, Biological Sciences
Teaching: BIOL 4620 Molecular Biology I, BIOL 4630 Molecular Biology II, BCBP4310 Genetic Engineering, BIOL4350 Virology
Research interests: genomics, molecular biology and bioinformatics; virology; biochemical expression and purification of genetically engineered proteins.
A.B. Colgate University (Biology)
Ph.D. Duke University (Molecular Virology)
Postdoctoral Training, University of California Riverside (Biochemistry) and SUNY Albany (Plant Biotechnology)
- engineered proteins
- genetics engineering
- molecular biology
- STEM education
- Banerjee S, CD Schenkelberg, TB Jordan, JM Reimertz, EE Crone, DE Crone and C Bystroff. 2017. Mispacking and the Fitness Landscape of the Green Fluorescent Protein Chromophore Milieu. Biochemistry. January 11, 2017 (Web) DOI: 10.1021/acs.biochem.6b00800
- Huang Y-M, S Banerjee, DE Crone, CD Schenkelberg, DJ Pitman, PM Buck, and C Bystroff. 2015. Toward Computationally Designed Self-Reporting Biosensors Using Leave-One-Out Green Fluorescent Protein. Biochemistry. 54(40):6263-73. Epub 2015 Sep 30.
- Pitman, DJ, S Banerjee, SJ Macari, CA Castaldi, DE Crone, and C Bystroff. 2015. Exploring the folding pathway of green fluorescent protein through disulfide engineering. Protein Science. 24(3):341-353. Epub 2015 Jan 13
- Crone, DE, Y-M Huang, DJ Pitman, C Schenkelberg, K Fraser, S Macari and C Bystroff. 2013. GFP-Based Biosensors, State of the Art in Biosensors - General Aspects, Dr. Toonika Rinken (Ed.), ISBN: 978-953-51-1004-0
- Shang, W, DE Crone, H Yang, JS Dordick, RE Palazzo, and RW Siegel. 2009. Using Centrosome Fragments in the Directed Assembly of Microtubules. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. 9(2):871-5
- D Crone, J Rueda, KL Martin, DA Hamilton and & JP Mascarenhas. 2001. The differential expression of a heat shock promoter in floral and reproductive tissues. Plant, Cell & Environment. 24: 869-874
- Campbell, SA, Crone DE, Ceccardi ,TL, Close, TJ. 1998. A ca. 40 kDa maize (Zea mays L.) embryo dehydrin is encoded by the dhn2 locus on chromosome 9. Plant Mol Biol. 1998 Oct;38(3):417-23.
- Crone, DE*, Kim, H-S*, and Spindler, SR.. 1990. Alpha and beta thyroid hormone receptors bind immediately adjacent to the rat growth hormone gene TATA box in a negatively hormone responsive promoter region. J. Biol. Chem. 265(19):10851-6. (* co 1st authors)