Gwo Ching Wang
Travelstead Institute Chair, Physics, Applied Physics & Astronomy
Cheng-Kung University, Taiwan, Physics, B.S., Northern Illinois University, Physics, M.S., University of Wisconsin-Madison, Materials Physics, Ph.D.
- Growth, characterization, and physics of 2D materials, thin films and nanostructures using state-of-art techniques
- RHEED surface pole figure analysis of textures evolution in thin films and nanostructures
- Azimuthal RHEED for mapping of structures and perfection of graphene and 2D materials
- Over 300 publications and three books, Fellows of APS, AVS, AAAS, and MRS, see a partial list in web site http://www.rpi.edu/~wangg/
- Reflection high-energy electron diffraction measurements of reciprocal space structure of 2D materials, Y Xiang, F-W Guo, T-M Lu and G-C Wang, Nanotechnology 27, 485703 (2016).
- RHEED Transmission Mode and Pole figures: Thin film and nanostrucutre texture analysis, Gwo-Ching Wang and Toh-Ming Lu, Springer 2014.
- Revealing the Crystalline Integrity of Wafer Scale Graphene on SiO2/Si: An Azimuthal RHEED Approach, Zonghuan Lu, Xin Sun, Yu Xiang, Morris A. Washington, Gwo-Ching Wang, and Toh-Ming Lu, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 9, 23081−23091 (2017).
- Large Metallic Vanadium Disulfide Ultrathin Flakes for Spintronics Circuits and Quantum Computing Devices, A.J. Littlejohn, Z. Li, Z.H. Lu, X. Sun, P. Nawarat, Y. Wang, Y. Li, T. Wang, Y. Han, L.H. Zhang, Hongxia Li, K. Kisslinger, S. Shi, J. Shi, A. Raeliarijaona, W. Shi, H. Terrones, K.M. Lewis, M. Washington, T.-M. Lu, and G.-C. Wang, ACS Applied Nano Materials 2, 3684-3694 (2019).
- VS2-TiS2 Hetero-Structures as High-Performance Cathode Materials in Lithium-Ion Batteries, Lu Li, Zhaodong Li, Anthony Yoshimura, Congli Sun, Tianmeng Wang, Yanwen Chen, Zhizhong Chen, Aaron Littlejohn, Yu Xiang, Jian Shi, Sufei Shi, Vincent Meunier, Gwo-Ching Wang, and Nikhil Koratkar, Nature Communications 10, 1764 (2019).
- Tutorial: Strain measurement of ultrathin epitaxial films using electron diffraction techniques, G.-C. Wang and T.-M. Lu, J. Appl. Phys. 125, 082401 (2019).
- Growth of epitaxial CdTe thin films on amorphous substrates using single crystal graphene buffer, Dibyajyoti Mohanty, Zonghuan Lu, Lei Gao, Jian Shi, Lihua Zhang, Kim Kisslinger, Morris Washington, Gwo-Ching Wang, Toh-Ming Lu, and Ishwara Bhat, Carbon 144, 519 – 524 (2019).