Associate Professor, Computer Science
I'm an Associate Professor in the Computer Science Department and an EMPAC Affiliated Faculty member at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. My research interests include computer graphics, geometry processing, visualization, and design tools for architecture. Previously I was a student and then Post-Doctoral Lecturer at MIT in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science doing research in the Computer Graphics Group which is part of the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory (CSAIL).
PhD Computer Science 2003 Massachusetts Institute of Technology MEng Computer Science 1999 Massachusetts Institute of Technology BS Computer Science & Engineering 1997 Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- computer graphics
- architectural design tools
- Interpreting Physical Sketches as Architectural Models Barbara Cutler and Joshua Nasman Advances in Architectural Geometry 2010, September 2010.
- Dynamic Projection Surfaces for Immersive Visualization Theodore C. Yapo, Yu Sheng, Joshua Nasman, Andrew Dolce, Eric Li, and Barbara Cutler PROCAMS 2010 IEEE International Workshop on Projector-Camera Systems, June 2010.
- Global Illumination Compensation for Spatially Augmented Reality Yu Sheng, Theodore C. Yapo, and Barbara Cutler Computer Graphics Forum, Eurographics 2010, April 2010.
- A Spatially Augmented Reality Sketching Interface for Architectural Daylighting Design Yu Sheng, Theodore C. Yapo, Christopher Young, and Barbara Cutler IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, accepted October 2009.