Professor and James L. Decker '45 Endowed Chair in Aerospace Engineering and Director, Center for Flow Physics and Control (CeFPaC)., Mechanical, Aerospace and Nuclear Engineering
Prof. Amitay's research interests are in developing active flow control techniques with applications in aeronautical/mechanical systems. He conducts state-of-the-art experiments to understand the flow phydics of 3-D flow fields and the interaction of flow control actuators with these flows.
D.Sc., Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, 1994
- Experimental Aerodynamics
- Experimental fluid mechanics
- Active and passive Flow Control
- Lander, D.C., Letchford, C.W., Amitay, M., and Kopp, G.A., “The influence of the bluff body shear layers on the wake of a square prism in a turbulent flow”, Physical Review Fluids, June 2016.
- Amitay, M., Tuna, B.A., and Dell’Orso, H., “Identification and Mitigation of T-S Waves using Localized Dynamic Surface Modification”, Physics of Fluids, vol. 28, Issue 6, June 2016. DOI: 10.1063/1.4953844.
- Van Buren, T., Leong, C., Whalen, E., and Amitay, M., “"Impact of orifice orientation on a finite-span synthetic jet interaction with a crossflow”, Physics of Fluids, Vol.28, Issue 3, March 2016.
- Taylor, K. and Amitay, M., “Dynamic Stall Process on a Cantilevered Finite Span Blade and its Control via Synthetic Jet Actuators”, Physics of Fluids, 27, 067102; 10.1063/1.4921844, 2015
- Van Buren, T., Whalen, E., and Amitay, M., “Vortex Formation of a Finite Span Synthetic Jet: effect of rectangular orifice geometry”, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, V. 745, pp. 180-207, April, 2014
- DeMauro, E., Leong, C.M., and Amitay, M, “Interaction of a synthetic jet with the flow over a low aspect ratio cylinder”, Physics of Fluids, Vol. 25, Issue 6, 2013.
- Demauro, E., Leong, C., and Amitay, M., “Three-Dimensional flow Interactions in Low Aspect Ratio Finite span Cylinders”, Experiments in Fluids, 2012, (DOI) 10.1007/s00348-012-1413-2.
- Farnsworth, J., Amitay, M., Beal, D., and Huyer, S., “Interactions of a Propeller with a Stator-Induced Circumferentially-Varying Flow”, Experiments in Fluids, Vol. 52, N. 2, 495-510, DOI: 10.1007/s00348-011-1239-3, January 2012.