Donna E. Crone
Lecturer, Biological Sciences
Research interests: genomics, molecular biology and bioinformatics; virology; biochemical expression and purification of genetically engineered proteins.
Teaching: BIOL 4620 Molecular Biology I, BIOL 4630 Molecular Biology II, BCBP4310 Genetic Engineering, BIOL4350 Virology
A.B. Colgate University (Biology) Ph.D. Duke University (Molecular Virology) Postdoctoral Training, University of California Riverside (Biochemistry) and SUNY Albany (Plant Biotechnology)
- engineered proteins
- genetics engineering
- molecular biology
- STEM education
- Banerjee S, CD Schenkelberg, TB Jordan, JM Reimertz, EE Crone, DE Crone and C Bystroff. 2017. Mispacking and the Fitness Landscape of the Green Fluorescent Protein Chromophore Milieu. Biochemistry. January 11, 2017 (Web) DOI: 10.1021/acs.biochem.6b00800
- Huang Y-M, S Banerjee, DE Crone, CD Schenkelberg, DJ Pitman, PM Buck, and C Bystroff. 2015. Toward Computationally Designed Self-Reporting Biosensors Using Leave-One-Out Green Fluorescent Protein. Biochemistry. 54(40):6263-73. Epub 2015 Sep 30.
- Pitman, DJ, S Banerjee, SJ Macari, CA Castaldi, DE Crone, and C Bystroff. 2015. Exploring the folding pathway of green fluorescent protein through disulfide engineering. Protein Science. 24(3):341-353. Epub 2015 Jan 13
- Crone, DE, Y-M Huang, DJ Pitman, C Schenkelberg, K Fraser, S Macari and C Bystroff. 2013. GFP-Based Biosensors, State of the Art in Biosensors - General Aspects, Dr. Toonika Rinken (Ed.), ISBN: 978-953-51-1004-0
- Shang, W, DE Crone, H Yang, JS Dordick, RE Palazzo, and RW Siegel. 2009. Using Centrosome Fragments in the Directed Assembly of Microtubules. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. 9(2):871-5
- D Crone, J Rueda, KL Martin, DA Hamilton and & JP Mascarenhas. 2001. The differential expression of a heat shock promoter in floral and reproductive tissues. Plant, Cell & Environment. 24: 869-874
- Campbell, SA, Crone DE, Ceccardi ,TL, Close, TJ. 1998. A ca. 40 kDa maize (Zea mays L.) embryo dehydrin is encoded by the dhn2 locus on chromosome 9. Plant Mol Biol. 1998 Oct;38(3):417-23.
- Crone, DE*, Kim, H-S*, and Spindler, SR.. 1990. Alpha and beta thyroid hormone receptors bind immediately adjacent to the rat growth hormone gene TATA box in a negatively hormone responsive promoter region. J. Biol. Chem. 265(19):10851-6. (* co 1st authors)