Professor and co-Director BioImaging Center, Biomedical Engineering
Xavier Intes received a Ph.D. degree in 1998 in physics from the University of Bretagne Occidentale (France) for his contributions in characterization of propagation of optical scalar waves in highly diffuse medium. He then joined Prof Britton Chance laboratory in 1999 as a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Pennsylvania. He held simultaneously postdoctoral appointments in the departments of Biochemistry and Biophysics, of Radiology under the mentorship of Prof Britton Chance and the department of Astronomy and Physics under the mentorship of Prof Arjun Yodh. In 2001, he acted as the Director of Research of the Medical Diagnostic Research Foundation, Philadelphia, USA, and the Director of Research of Optical Devices Inc., Philadelphia, USA. In 2003 he joined Advanced Research Technologies Inc as as ART's Chief Scientist. He is an AIMBE fellow.
Ph.D. Physics (Universite de Bretagne Occidentale (France), 1998)
M.S. Physics (Universite de Bretagne Occidentale, 1994)
B.S. Physics (Universite de Bretagne Occidentale, 1992)
- biomedical imaging
- biomedical instrumentation
- medical devices
- > 70 journal publications; h-index: 33; Citations> 3300; http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=J5KmM0YAAAAJ&hl=en
- Book: "Translational Multimodality Optical Imaging," Fred S Azar and Xavier Intes Editors, Artech House Publishing, 386 pages, 2008.
- Book: "Imaging from cells to animals in vivo," Margarida Barroso and Xavier Intes Editors, Taylor & Francis-CRC Press, in progress
- Q Pian, R Yao, N Sinsuebphon, X Intes, “Compressive Hyperspectral Time-resolved Wide-Field Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging,” Nature Photonics, http://rdcu.be/te9i (2017)
- J. Angelo, S-J. Chen, M Ochoa, S. Gioux and U. Sunar and X. Intes, “Structured Light in Diffuse Optical Imaging,” Journal of Biomedical Optics, in press.
- A Rudkouskaya; N Sinsuebphon; X Intes; M Barroso, “Role of Tumor Heterogeneity in Imaging Breast Cancer Targeted Delivery using FLIM FRET In Vivo,” Journal of Controlled Release, in press
- A Nemani, M Yücel, U Kruger, D Gee, C Cooper, S Schwaitzberg, S De, and X Intes, “Assessing bimanual motor skills with optical neuroimaging,” Science Advances, in press.
- F Yang, R. Yao, M Ozturk, D. Faulkner, Q. Qu and X. Intes, “Improving mesoscopic fluorescence molecular tomography via preconditioning and regularization,” BOE 9(6), 2765-2778 (2018).