Instrc, Rensselaer at Work
Managing Technical Organizations
Elaine is a Senior Program Manager for Valmont Solar, establishing processes for new product development to improve time-to-market outcomes. In her work, she employs a cross between Agile and Waterfall management techniques.
Elaine’s strength is in building high-performing teams. She began her career as a Chemist and quickly pivoted from this purely technical role. Since that time, Elaine has worked as a Project Manager, Account Manager, Business Development Manager, and Program Manager for various industries including automotive (TRW), military ordinance, aerospace interiors (Goodrich), high-precision machining (Barnes Aerospace), aerospace power generation (GE), and now solar infrastructure (Valmont).
Elaine enjoys the opportunity to further her insights by teaching at Rensselaer at Work, as graduate students continually provide new perspectives and challenges in application.
Other Professional Experiences
- General Electric – Senior Program Manager
- Barnes Aerospace – New Product Introduction Manager
- Goodrich-Interiors, Evacuation Systems – Principal Program Manager
- Goodrich-Specialty Seating Systems – Program Manager
- Goodrich-Universal Propulsion Company – Production Program Manager
- Goodrich – Passenger Restraint Systems – Business Development Manager
- Simula-Automotive Safety Devices, Inc. – Customer Business Manager
- B.S., Chemistry, Arizona State University
- M.P.M., Project Management, Keller Graduate School, DeVry University
- X.M.A., Organizational Development/Change Management, Columbia University
- Global, Multi-Site Transitions and Execution
- Customer Relationship Management and Team Building
- Leadership and Negotiations
- Lean and Continuous Improvement
- Contract Development and Management
- NPI Program Management