Instructor Mentor, Rensselaer at Work
Managing Technical Organizations
Mike Borbath is currently a Senior Scientist at L3Harris Corporation in Melbourne, FL. As a Colonel in the Air Force Reserve, Mike supports the United States Space Force as a senior reservist to the Executive Officer for Space Sensing in Space Systems Command at Los Angeles Air Force Base. He easily relates to Rensselaer at Work graduate students given he earned his Ph.D. in a fully-remote cohort program with the George Washington University.
Other Professional Experience
- United States Space Force
- BAE Systems
- L3Harris Corp.
- Optium Corp. (now II-VI Corp.)
- Terabeam Corp.
- National Security Agency
- Ph.D., Engineering Management, George Washington University
- M. Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Montgomery AL
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Maryland College Park
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Florida
- Engineering Management
- DoD Acquisition
- Borbath, M., An Empirical Approach to the Evaluation of Defense Contractor Performance., International Journal of Logistics, Volume 22, Number 2, April 2019.
- Borbath, M., Establishing Military Utility of Non-Traditional Sensing. DTIC, 2014.
- US Patent: Wideband RF Photonic Pre-Selector for Dynamic Co-Site Interference Mitigation