MBA for Professionals
Rebecca Bompiedi is a semi-retired business executive, having formerly spent 25 years in chief operating and executive roles for both small and large multinational companies. She is presently working with early-stage ventures as a business advisor, and as a Coach and Mentor for FedTech, a US government sponsored new ventures firm. She has successfully led global organizations in lighting, aviation, and new ventures, as a trail-blazer in Lean Six Sigma and recognized for developing highly-effective teams. She has worked in the fields of aviation, lighting, non-destructive testing (NDT), and now advanced technology in defense and security.
Rebecca began her career as a Process Engineer for a specialty wire and cable company. She later completed her Master’s in Industrial Engineering as a working professional. At the time, she was challenged to lead a major initiative in Quality and was relatively new to the field. Her education, along with seminars taught by leading experts of the day (Dr. E. Deming & Dr. J. Juran) gave her a very deep foundation in the fields of quality and engineering statistics. This later positioned her to lead GE’s Six Sigma initiative as one of the company’s first Master Black Belts in both DMAIC and DFSS.
Throughout her career she has coached and mentored individuals in her organizations, while being coached and mentored herself by many top leaders –a vital element to achieving career success as a leader. When the opportunity with Rensselaer at Work was presented as a mentoring and coaching role in subject matters that she is passionate about, she was eager to be a part of it.
Other Professional Experiences
- SVP, Business Transformation – Philips Lighting Americas
- Lighting Transformation Leader – GE Lighting
- VP Engineering & Technology – GE Inspection Technologies
- President & CEO – GE On Wing Support, LLC, a GE Aviation Co.
- VP, Engineering & Technology – GELcore LLC, a GE Joint Venture
- GM, Global Quality (Six Sigma) – GE Lighting
- GM, Technology – GE Lighting
- BS, Chemical Engineering – Cleveland State University
- MS, Industrial Engineering – Cleveland State University
- Executive Management of Technology Certificate – Case Western Reserve University
- Business Management Certificate (for Sr. Executives), GE Crotonville
- Management Development Certificate (for Executives), GE Crotonville
- Master Black Belt – DMAIC and DFSS (General Electric/Mikel Harry, Six Sigma Academy)
- End2End Business Transformation (McKinsey)
- Lean Leadership (Philips)