Roger N. Wright
Professor Emeritus, Materials Science and Engineering
Professor Wright received the Sc.D. in metallurgy from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1969. He joined Rensselaer in 1974, after having been at Allegheny Ludlum Research from 1968-1971, and at Westinghouse Research from 1971 -1974. Professor Wright is author or co-author of 140 scientific papers.
Sc.D. Metallurgy (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1969)
- Mechanical Properties
- Materials Processing
- Wire Technology – Process Engineering and Metallurgy, Butterworth-Heinemann (Elsevier), Oxford, UK, 2011. ISBN 978-0-12-382092-1
- "Rapid Flow Stress Characterization of Steel”, Journal of Engineering Materials and Performance, 2009, Vol. 18, No. 7, p. 985 (with P. Hale and J. Vosburgh).
- “The Effect of Heat Treatment on Mg2Si Coarsening in Aluminum 6105 Alloy”, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions A, 2003, Vol. 35A, pp. 435-38 (with M. Usta and M. E. Glicksman)
- “Friction, Lubrication and Surface Response in Wire Drawing”, Metalforming Science and Practice, (ed. J. G. Lenard), Elsevier Science Ltd (Oxford, UK), 2002, pp. 297-312.
- “Kinetics of Nonisothermal Recrystallization”, Journal of Materials Engineering and Performance, 1996, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 213-19 (with F. Kraft and M. Jensen).
- “Heating Effects in the Drawing of Wire and Strip under Hydrodynamic Lubrication Conditions”, ASME Transactions, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 1996, Vol. 118, No. 4, pp. 628-38 (with D. Lucca)
- “Stress Relaxation Analysis in Cold Rolled Sheet”, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 1992, Vol. 44, pp. 51-60.
- “The Elastic Modulus and Flow Stress of Nb3Sn at Elevated Temperatures”, Metallurgical Transactions, 1988, Vol. 19A, pp. 1127-29 (with G. Dixon).