- Recording producer, engineer, touring multi-instrumentalist, composer, and songwriter originally based out of Memphis, Nashville, and Woodstock NY. His alt-rock quintet Human Radio (Human Radio, Columbia, 1990) reached #23 on the Billboard Rock Chart with a video in “heavy rotation” on MTV and national tour. Rice has performed, recorded, toured, and written with numerous artists and groups including Isaac Hayes, George Clinton, Luther Ingram, Peter Frampton, Rob Wasserman, Stephen Perkins (Jane’s Addiction), Jill Sobule, Steve Earle, Darryl Jenifer and Dr. Know (Bad Brains), Adrian Belew, Steve Forbert, Miyako Shinohara, Eek-A-Mouse, Amy Rigby, Susannah Hoffs (The Bangles), Duck Dunn, and Steve Cropper.
- Editor and publisher of Roll, a printed lifestyle magazine covering the Hudson Valley of New York, from 2017 to 2012. Rollmagazine.com continues the magazine online to the present date.
- Published songwriter and artist--Sony/ATV Publishing, ASCAP--with two solo albums: Umpteen (E-Squared, 1996) and Dwight (Memphis Records, 2007) and most recently the crowd-funded Human Radio Samsara (Human Radio Records, 2017). Composer for piano, string quartet, and electronic music.
- Educator as private and class instructor (piano, keyboards) with Keyboard Wizard Academy and The Rock Academy, Woodstock NY. At Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU), Rice has taught undergraduate courses in MIDI/Electronic Music and a Songwriting Practicum in the MTSU College of Media and Entertainment, 2017-2019.
RECENT PROJECTS (2018 to present)
- Producing and engineering recordings by David Mead, Reeves Gabrels, Victoria Bigelow.
- Touring nationally and internationally with Felix Caviliere's Rascals.
- Composing for The Mellotron Variations, featuring John Medeski and Pat Sansone (Wilco) for performance with New Ballet School at Crosstown Arts, Memphis TN.
- Editing and completion of short documentary film Memphis and Nashville: The Music Highway, examining the recording history and ethos of two Tennessee cities that are vital to the history of American popular music
Bachelor of Music, Composition- University of Memphis
Master of Fine Arts, Recording Arts and Technologies- Middle Tennessee Dtate University
Teaching Certificate- Middle Tennessee State University
- Audio Recording