Associate Professor, Mechanical Aerospace and Nuclear Engineering
SOE Classroom Excellence Award (2020).
NASA Early Career Faculty Award (2020).
Class of 1951 Outstanding Teaching Development Award (2020).
National Science Foundation CAREER Award (2019).
American Chemical Society Petroleum Research Fund’s Doctoral New Investigator Award (2018).
Ph.D. Georgia Institute of Technology
- Thermal and Fluids Engineering
- Sustainable Energy Systems
- Micro and Nano-engineered Structures
- Multiscale Transport Analysis
- Energy Conversion and Storage
- X. Wang, M. L. Hsieh, J. A. Bur, S. Y. Lin, S. Narayanan, “Capillary-driven Solar-thermal Water Desalination using a Porous Selective Absorber,” Materials Today Energy, 2020, Volume 17, Article 100453, pp. 1-8.
- Q. Jin, J. T. Wen, S. Narayanan, “Moving Boundary Model for Dynamic Control of Multi-Evaporator Cooling Systems Facing Variable Heat Loads,” International Journal of Refrigeration, 2020, Volume 120, pp. 481-492.
- B. Murray, S. Narayanan, “Quantifying the Evaporation Rate of Sessile Droplets using a Quartz Crystal Microbalance,” Journal of Applied Physics, 2020, Volume 128, Article 035101, pp. 1-12.
- X. Wang, M. L. Hsieh, J. A. Bur, S. Y. Lin, S. Narayanan, “The Role of Nanostructure Morphology of Nickel-Infused Alumina on Solar-Thermal Energy Conversion,” 2020, Journal of Optics, Volume 23, Issue 1, Article 015101, pp. 1-12.
- H. Kim, S. Yang, S.R. Rao, S. Narayanan, E.A. Kapustin, H. Furukawa, A.S. Umans, O.M. Yaghi, and E.N. Wang. "Water harvesting from air with metal-organic frameworks powered by natural sunlight." Science, 356, no. 6336 (2017): 430-434.
- S. Narayanan, X. Li, S. Yang, H. Kim, A. Umans, I.S. McKay, E.N. Wang, "Thermal battery for portable climate control," Applied Energy, 2015, Volume 149, pp. 104-116.
- Z. Lu, S. Narayanan, E.N. Wang, "Modeling of Evaporation from Nanopores with Nonequilibrium and Nonlocal Effects," Langmuir, 2015, Volume 31, Issue 36, pp. 9817-9824.
- S. Narayanan, S. Yang, H. Kim, E.N. Wang, “Optimization of Adsorption Process for Climate Control and Thermal Energy Storage.” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2014, Volume 77, pp. 288-300.