Associate Dean of Science for Research and Graduate Studies, Computer Science
Sibel Adali is a professor at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, which she joined in 1996 after obtaining her PhD from the University of Maryland. Her work concentrates on cross-cutting problems related to trust, information processing and retrieval, and social networks. She has worked as the ARL-lead Collaborative Technology Alliance (CTA) wide Trust Coordinator and the Social and Cognitive Networks Academic Research Center (SCNARC) Associate Director. She is the author of the book "Modeling Trust Context in Networks", which was published by Springer in 2013. At Rensselaer, Adali served as the Associate Head and Graduate Program Director of the Computer Science Department 2015-2018. She currently serves as the Associate Dean of Science for Research and Graduate Studies. She teaches the introductory problem solving course in Computer Science as well as courses in databases. In 2015, Adali received the Trustees' Outstanding Teacher Award, the highest teaching award given by Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
Ph.D. 1996, Computer Science Department, University of Maryland at College Park, USA MS. 1994, Computer Science Department, University of Maryland at College Park, USA B.S. 1991, Computer Engineering and Information Science Department , Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
- Social Networks
- Sibel Adali, "Trust Context in Networks", Springer 2013.
- Jin-Hee Cho, Kevin Chan and Sibel Adali, "A Survey on Trust Modeling", Computing Surveys, 48(2), 2015.
- Ben Horne, Will Dron, Sara Khedr and Sibel Adali, "Assessing the News Landscape: A Multi-Module Toolkit for Evaluating the Credibility of News", WWW 2018 Conference.
- Sujoy Kumar Sikdar, Byungkyu Kang, John O'Donovan, Tobias Hollerer and Sibel Adali, "Understanding Information Credibility on Twitter", in Proceedings of SocialCom 2013, Best paper award.
- Sibel Adali, Fred Sisenda and Malik Magdon-Ismail, "Actions speak as loud as words: Predicting relationships from social behavior data", Proceedings of the WWW 2012 Conference