Professor and co-Director BioImaging Center, Biomedical Engineering
Xavier Intes received a Ph.D. degree in 1998 in physics from the University of Bretagne Occidentale (France) for his contributions in characterization of propagation of optical scalar waves in highly diffuse medium. He then joined Prof Britton Chance laboratory in 1999 as a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Pennsylvania. He held simultaneously postdoctoral appointments in the departments of Biochemistry and Biophysics, of Radiology under the mentorship of Prof Britton Chance and the department of Astronomy and Physics under the mentorship of Prof Arjun Yodh. In 2001, he acted as the Director of Research of the Medical Diagnostic Research Foundation, Philadelphia, USA, and the Director of Research of Optical Devices Inc., Philadelphia, USA. In 2003 he joined Advanced Research Technologies Inc as ART's Chief Scientist. He has been awarded a NSF Career award and being inducted as fellow of AIMBE and SPIE. He is currently a NIH chartered member for the IGIS study section.
Ph.D. Physics (Universite de Bretagne Occidentale (France), 1998)
M.S. Physics (Universite de Bretagne Occidentale, 1994)
B.S. Physics (Universite de Bretagne Occidentale, 1992)
- biomedical imaging
- biomedical instrumentation
- medical devices
- Deep Learning
- > 80 journal publications; h-index: 36; Citations> 3800; http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=J5KmM0YAAAAJ&hl=en
- Book: "Translational Multimodality Optical Imaging," Fred S Azar and Xavier Intes Editors, Artech House Publishing, 386 pages, 2008.
- Book: "Imaging from cells to animals in vivo," Margarida Barroso and Xavier Intes Editors, Taylor & Francis-CRC Press, in production
- R Yao, M Ochoa, P Yan and X Intes, “Net-FLICS: Fast Quantitative Wide-field Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging with Compressed Sensing – A deep learning approach,” Light Science and Applications (Nature journal), 8, Article number: 26 (2019). PMID: 30854198 *Featured in numerous news outlet (NIBIB newsroom march 7 2019, Photonics, Phys.org). In the 95th percentile of all tracked articles of a similar age in all journals by Altmetric.
- A Nemani, M Yücel, U Kruger, D Gee, C Cooper, S Schwaitzberg, S De, and X Intes, “Assessing bimanual motor skills with optical neuroimaging,” Science Advances 4: eat3807 (2018). PMID: 30306130. *Featured in numerous news outlet (WSJ, Daily Mail, MSN News, …). In the top 5% of all research outputs scored by Altmetric.
- JP. Angelo, SJ Chen, M Ochoa, U Sunar, S Gioux, X Intes, “Review of structured light in diffuse optical imaging,” Journal of Biomedical Optics 24(7), 071602 (2018). PMID: 30218503. *Among the top ten downloads from the Journal of Biomedical Optics in 2018.
- Q Pian, R Yao, N Sinsuebphon, X Intes, “Compressive Hyperspectral Time-resolved Wide-Field Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging,” Nature Photonics 11, 411-417 (2017). PMC5726531. *In the top 4% of tracked articles of a similar age in all journals (Altmetric)
- A Rudkouskaya; N Sinsuebphon; X Intes; M Barroso, “Quantitative imaging of receptor-ligand engagement in intact live animals,” Journal of Controlled Release 286, 451-459 (2018). PMID: 30036545. *Selected as cover story for issue 286 (2018).