Assistant Professor, Chemistry and Chemical Biology
Dr. Xing Wang joined Rensselaer in 2014 as an assistant professor in the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology. He is also a faculty member affiliated with the Center for Biotechnology and Interdisciplinary Studies (CBIS), the Biochemistry and Biophysical Program (BCBP), and the Center for Materials, Devices, and Integrated Systems (cMDIS) at RPI. After Dr. Wang got his Ph.D. at New York University (with Dr. Ned Seeman ) in 2009, he joined Princeton University as a postdoc fellow (with Dr. Laura Landweber) to explore novel functions of non-coding RNA in the single-celled eukaryote ciliate Oxytricha trifallax. Dr. Wang's Nucleic Acids Programming Lab at RPI currently is focused on the design and synthesis of functional DNA/RNA aptamers, nanostructures and nanodevices, and on the exploration of their uses in energy harvesting, basic biology, diagnostics in low-resource environment, and therapeutics.
Postdoctoral Fellow, Biology, Princeton University, 2013.
Ph.D., Chemistry, New York University, 2009.
- Structural DNA Nanotechnology
- RNA Mediated Genome Editing and Programming
- Biochemistry and Chemical Biology
- Biotechnology and Biomaterials
- Polymers, Materials and Energy
- He, Han, Kizer, Linhardt, Wang*, Sinyukov, Wang, Deckert, Sokolov*, Hu* and Scully*, Tip-enhanced Raman imaging of single-stranded DNA with single base resolution, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 141, 753-757 (2019).
- Kizer, Li, Cress, Lin, Jing, Zhang, Xia, Linhardt* and Wang*, RNA aptamers with specificity for heparosan and chondroitin glycosaminoglycans, ACS Omega, 3, 13667-13675 (2018).
- Wang*, et al., Paranemic crossover DNA: there and back again, Chemical Reviews, DOI: 10.1021/acs.chemrev.8b00207 (2018).
- Hooper, Walcott, Wang and Bystroff, Fast design of arbitrary length loops in protein using interactiveRosetta, BMC Bioinformatics, 19, 337-345 (2018).
- Deng, Kizer, Rada, Sage, Wang, Cheon and Chung, Intracellular delivery of nano materials via an inertial microfluidic cell hydroporator, Nano Letters, 18, 2705-2710 (2018).
- Anderson, Dinolfo* and Wang*, Synthesis and characterization of porphyrin-DNA constructs for the self-assembly of modular energy transfer arrays, Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 6, 2452-2459 (2018).
- Bracht*, Wang*, Shetty, Chen, Uttarotai, Callihan, McCloud, Clay, Wang, Nowacki and Landweber*, Chromosome fusions triggered by noncoding RNA, RNA Biology, 14, 620-631 (2017).
- Chandrasekaran*, Anderson, Kizer, Halvorsen and Wang*, Beyond the fold, emerging biological applications of DNA origami, ChemBioChem, 17, 1081-1089 (2016).