Yuri V Lvov
Professor, Mathematical Sciences
Yuri V Lvov
Ph.D. (Physics), The University of Arizona, 1998
M.Sc. (Applied Physics), The Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel, 1993
St. Petersburg Technical University, St Petersburg, Russia (equivalent to B.S. in Physics), 1990
- Mathematical physics and nonlinear phenomena
- An Oceanic Ultra-Violet Catastrophe, Wave-Particle Duality and a Strongly Nonlinear Concept for Geophysical Turbulence Kurt L. Polzin and Yuri V. Lvov Fluids 2, 36 (2017)
- Route to thermalization in the alpha Fermi-Pasta-Ulam System Miguel Onorato, Lara Vozella, Davide Proment and Yuri Lvov Proceeding of National Academy of Science, 14, 4208â€“4213 (2015).
- Formation of the bi-directional energy cascade in low frequency damped wave turbulence systems Yuri Lvov, Andy He and German , V. Kolmakov, Europhysics Letters 112 24004 (2015).
- Toward Regional Characterization of the oceanic internal wavefield Kurt L Polzin and Yuri V Lvov Reviews of Geophysics, 49, RG4003 (2011)
- "Renormalized waves and discrete breathers in beta-FPU chains" Boris Gershgorin, Yuri Lvov and David Cai, Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 264302 (2005)
- ``Energy spectra of the ocean's internal wave field: theory and observations,'' Y.V. Lvov, K. Polzin, and E.G. Tabak, Physical Review Letters 92, 128501 (2004).