Education & Training
Ph.D., Algorithms, Combinatorics, and Optimization, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2017.
M.S., Industrial Engineering, Kansas State University, 2012.
B.S., Mathematics, Kansas State University, 2012.
B.S., Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering, Kansas State University, 2012
Primary Research Focus
Advancing knowledge and solution methodologies in optimization, data analytics, machine learning, and social choice through the use of interdisciplinary techniques.
- James P. Bailey, 2021 “Time-Average Convergence in a Generalization of Multiagent Zero-Sum Games”, arXiv reprint.
- James P. Bailey, Alex Nash, Craig Tovey, Sven Koenig, 2021 “Path-Length Analysis for Grid-Based Path Planning”, Journal of Artificial Intelligence.
- James P. Bailey, Gauthier Gidel, Georgios Piliouras, 2020 “Finite Regret and Cycles with Fixed Step-Size via Alternating Gradient Descent-Ascent”, In the Proceedings of the 33rd Conference on Learning Theory (COLT).
- James P. Bailey, Georgios Piliouras 2019 “Multi-Agent Learning in Network Zero-Sum Games is a Hamiltonian System”, Nominated for Best Paper In the Proceedings of the International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (AAMAS).
- James P. Bailey, Georgios Piliouras 2018 “Multiplicative Weights Update in Zero-Sum Games”, In the Proceedings of the ACM Conference for Economic and Computation (EC).