Meng Wang has been with the Department of Electrical, Computer, and Systems Engineering at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) since Dec. 2012. Her research areas involve machine learning and artificial intelligence, high-dimensional data analytics, power system monitoring, signal processing, and optimization methods. She is a recipient of the Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR) Young Investigator Program (YIP) Award in 2019 and the Army Research Office (ARO) YIP Award in 2017. At Rensselaer, she received the School of Engineering Research Excellence Award. She is an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid and a Guest Editor of IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Signal Processing (JSTSP)- Special Issue on Signal and Information Processing for Critical Infrastructures.
Duke University, Durham, NC. Electrical and Computer Engineering, Postdoctoral Researcher, 2012.
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ph.D., 2012.
Tsinghua University, Beijing, China. Electrical Engineering, M.Sc. (Hons), 2007.
Tsinghua University, Beijing, China. Electrical Engineering, B.Sc. (Hons), 2005
Meng Wang's research interests include theory and applications of machine learning and artificial intelligence. Please see here for her research group and her Google Scholar page for the publication list.
ECSE 2110 Electrical Energy Systems
ECSE 2410 Signals and Systems
ECSE 4530 Digital Signal Processing
ECSE 4130 EPE Lab
ECSE 6964 Compressed Sensing and Its Applications
- James M. Tien ’66 Early Career Award and Grant for Faculty, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, May 2022.
- Young Investigator Program (YIP) Award, Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR), October 2019.
- IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid Best Reviewer Award for 2018, January 2019.
- Faculty Research Excellence Award (Junior Faculty), School of Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, April 2018.
- Young Investigator Program (YIP) Award, Army Research Office, September 2017.
- Visiting Faculty Research Program Award, Air Force Research Laboratory, Summer 2015.
- Paper selected as the runner-up of the Best Paper in Electric Energy Systems Track of Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences 2015, January 2015.
- Paper selected as one of the Best Papers in IEEE Power & Energy Society General Meeting 2014, July 2014.
The following is a selection of recent publications in Scopus. Meng Wang has 68 indexed publications in the subjects of Computer Science, Engineering, Energy.