Dr. Hekimoglu's research addresses interdisciplinary problems at the interface of supply chain management, finance and analytics with an emphasis on managing uncertainty and risk in complex supply chain problems. As a versatile researcher, he employs both mathematical and empirical methodologies in formulating and analyzing problems that exhibit disruption risk as well as uncertainties in various forms (e.g., supply, demand, quality, price, information). Industry collaborations have a key role in his process of developing practically relevant research questions.
Dr. Hekimoglu has published papers in prominent journals such as Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, Production and Operations Management, and Decision Sciences. He has been the recipient of several awards and honors: Recipient of the A. W. Lawrence Junior Development Fellowship (2020), runner-up in the MSOM iFORM Best Paper Award (2018), awardee at the Trustee Celebration of Faculty Achievement at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (2017), and recipient of the Best Published Paper Award from Lally School of Management (2016). Dr. Hekimoglu's research has also been featured in prestigious non-academic outlets including Forbes, RobertParker.com, and London International Vintners Exchange (Liv-ex).
- PhD in Supply Chain Management, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- MA in Economics, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- MS in Finance, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
The following is a selection of recent publications in Scopus. M. Hakan Hekimoglu has 6 indexed publications in the subjects of Business, Management and Accounting, Decision Sciences, and Engineering.
Awards and Honors
- Recipient of the A. W. Lawrence Junior Development Fellowship, RPI, 2020
- Finalist in the MSOM iFORM Best Paper Award, 2018
- Awardee at the Trustee Celebration of Faculty Achievement, RPI, 2017
- Recipient of the Best Published Paper Award from the Lally School of Management, RPI, 2016
- Florida faces tough economic recovery as Hurricane Ian brings widespread damage. The National Desk, September 28, 2022.
- Supply chain expert reveals methodology behind Bordeaux pricing model. Phys.org, June 24, 2020.
- Demand for face masks has not reached its peak. ABC News10, May 22, 2020.
- Study: Realistic En Primeur Prices Based on Lisa Perrotti-Brown and James Suckling Scores. RobertParker.com, May 23, 2019.
- Study: Realistic En Primeur prices based on Lisa Perrotti-Brown and James Suckling scores. Liv-ex, May 8, 2019.
- Study: Realistic En Primeur prices in a heterogeneous vintage. Liv-ex, June 6, 2018.
- How weather and climate impact the price of wine. Earth.com, May 1, 2018.
- Researchers outline new approach to predicting the release prices of Bordeaux wines. Phys.org, May 1, 2018.
- The future of wine pricing. EurekAlert, May 1, 2018.
- New study estimates En Primeur prices. Liv-ex, April 24, 2018.
- A New Study Encourages Wine Distributors To Look Into The Future/s. Forbes, April 23, 2017.