Assistant Professor, Lally School of Management
2003--‐2007 Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University, USA, Ph.D. Information Systems; 2003--‐2005 Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University, USA, M.S. Information Systems; 1993--‐1997 Delhi College of Engineering, Delhi, India, B.E., First Class with Distinction
- Business Analytics
- “Estimating Returns to Training and Human Capital Investments for Information Technology Service Firms,” with A. Mehra, R. Bapna, R. Gopal. 2014. MIS Quarterly 38(3), pp. 757–771.
- “Project Managers' Practical Intelligence and Project Performance in Software Offshore Outsourcing: A Field Study” with S.A. Slaughter and T. Mukhopadhyay. 2014. Information Systems Research 25(2), pp. 364–384. Runner up for the Best Published Paper Award at Information Systems Research for 2014 at INFORMS 2015.
- “Client Satisfaction Versus Profitability: An Empirical Analysis of the Impact of Formal Controls in Strategic Outsourcing Contracts,” with D. Mani and K. Srikanth. 2013. Proceedings of the Thirty-Fourth International Conference on Information Systems, Milan 2013. Nominated for the Best Conference Paper Award. Also appears in Information Systems Outsourcing (2014 edition), published by Springer Berlin Heidelberg, pp. 67-88.
- “Human Capital Investments and Employee Performance: An Analysis of IT Services Industry,” with R. Bapna, A. Mehra, A. Gupta, R. Gopal. 2013. Management Science, 59(3), pp. 641-658.
- “Ushering Buyers into Electronic Channels,” with C. Forman, S. Kekre, and B. Sun. 2012. Information Systems Research, 23(4), pp. 1212-1231.
- “Project Managers' Skills and Project Success in IT Outsourcing,” with S.A. Slaughter and T. Mukhopadhyay, 2008. Proceedings of the Twenty-Ninth International Conference on Information Systems, Paris 2008.
- “Assessing the Impact of RFID on Return Center Logistics,” with C. Forman, S. Kekre, and A. Scheller- Wolf. 2007. Interfaces, 37(6), pp. 68-82.